Advanced Prototyping: Quick Start Guide for Designers
How to master UI/UX design with ProtoPie School
ProtoPie's Quick Start Course offers a range of lessons that you can navigate in any order, depending on your interest and expertise.
- Loading Screens with Motion Design: Create visually appealing loading screens. With the use of timelines and progress indicators, integrated with motion design, learn the key skill for keeping users engaged during wait times and enhancing the overall user experience.
- Interactive Map Prototyping: Build an interactive map with ProtoPie. Learn how to implement multi-touch interactions like pinch-to-zoom, rotate, and swipe for intuitive map navigation, essential for modern app designs.
- Enhancing Experiences with Audio & Video: Enrich your prototypes by integrating audio and video elements into your designs. Learn the complexities of media player functionalities like play/pause, track selection, and music seek control.
- Designing for Mobile Photography Apps: Focused on mobile photography, this lesson teaches you to utilize smartphone sensors and camera functionalities, enabling you to design cutting-edge photography apps.
- Effective Form and Data Management: Create user-friendly forms and understand the design of signup processes, password inputs, and overall data management to ensure a smooth and secure user experience in the apps you’re developing.
- Voice Assistant and Speech Recognition: In an era where voice-activated interfaces are increasingly prevalent, learn how to integrate voice AI and speech recognition. Be prepared to design future-ready, interactive conversation UIs.
Import designs from Figma, Sketch, and Adobe XD
1. Figma Plugin
Navigating ProtoPie’s learning curve
- Starting with the Right Question: It's not just about how to build a prototype, but about how the product should function.
- Designer As Developer: You don’t need to code! Bur adopting a programmer's mindset tremendously helps in breaking down the product into smaller interactive components, a key step in advanced prototyping.
- Leveraging Product Knowledge: Designers often possess a deep understanding of their product, an invaluable asset in advanced prototyping. This helps break things down into smaller pieces that makes the whole work.
Process flow diagram for developer handoff.
A document like this is a treasure trove of knowledge on how your product functions.