Terms of Service
- "Personal Data": Personal Data entails data regarding an identifiable natural person who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- "Usage Data": Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, when a User accesses the Service).
- "Cookies": Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- "User" or "Data Subject": User or Data Subject is any identifiable natural person who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
- "Data Controller": Data Controller is the natural or legal person, agency, public authority or other body that (either alone or jointly with others) determines and decides the purposes and means of processing Personal Data.
- "Data Processor" or "Service Providers": Data Processor or Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may utilize the services of Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively and efficiently.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect and process the following different kinds of Personal Data about you:
- Contact information such as your name, address and email address when you create an account with Studio XID
- Purchase history such as the orders you made and when they were made.
- We collect certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, operating system, MAC address, browser type, date/time stamp, and/or program or system error messages and other system information. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you to improve our Service, to improve marketing, analytics, or website functionality.
- If you contact us or respond to messages and communications that we send to you, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We collect Usage Data (including the status of our software installed on your device), our Service and the resources that you access. This Usage Data includes information about how and when you access or use our Service.
- User feedback, community discussions, chats and other interactions on our Service. If you access our Service on your mobile device, we collect mobile device identifiers, including MAC address, and IP address. Certain aspects of our Service will create and assign to your device an identifier that is similar to an account number. We may collect the name you have associated with your device, device type, telephone number, country, geo-location and any other information you choose to provide or allow us to access.
Please keep in mind that when you voluntarily disclose Personal Data which is publicly viewable, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your email address, you may receive unsolicited messages. We cannot control who views information (and what they do with information) you post publicly.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13.
We may also use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing communications. For this reason, these types of clear gifs are tied to Personal Data. Also, we may use tools or third-party analytical software to automatically collect and use certain non-personal information that does not directly enable Studio XID to identify you.
5. USE & SHARING INFORMATION COLLECTED
We use your Personal Data and other information, both individually or combined together:
- To help us manage, operate and deliver our Service to you.
- To improve your experience with our Service.
- To develop new products or services for you.
- To provide you with customer support.
- To communicate with you about our Service.
- For marketing and promotional purposes.
- For internal training purposes and statistical analysis.
Studio XID does not sell or rent your Personal Data to third-parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
However, Studio XID may, without seeking further your consent, share Personal Data with our affiliates to provide you our Service or information about other services and promotional materials. Studio XID may also share Personal Data with third-party Service Providers that perform and provide services and functionalities on Studio XID’s behalf. We will encourage our Service Partners to adopt and post privacy policies. However, the use of your Personal Data by our service partners is governed by the privacy policies of those service partners, and is not subject to our control.
Our third-party Service Providers:
- Amazon Web Services, Inc.
We use Amazon Web Services, Inc. its services for hosting. For more information on the privacy practices of Amazon Web Services, Inc., please visit the Amazon Web Services Data Privacy page: https://aws.amazon.com/compliance/data-privacy-faq/
- Bright Market, LLC
We use Bright Market, LLC its services for payments. For more information on the privacy practices of Bright Market, LLC, please visit the FastSpring Privacy Statement page: https://fastspring.com/privacy/
- Google LLC
- Albacross Nordic AB
- The Rocket Science Group, LLC
- Avenue 18, Inc.
We use Avenue 18, Inc. its services for marketing communications. For more information on the privacy practices of Avenue 18, Inc., please visit the Drip Policy Page: https://www.drip.com/privacy
- Facebook, Inc.
We use Facebook, Inc. its services for behavioral advertising. For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook Inc., please visit the Facebook Data Policy page: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
- Twitter, Inc.
- LinkedIn Corporation
Occasionally we may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide Personal Data to the appropriate governmental authorities. We will disclose Personal Data upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation.
Studio XID maintains appropriate safeguards that ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of the Personal Data we collect and store about our account holders. Personal Data collected by Studio XID is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public and that are only accessible by authorized employees. We also have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control (i.e., maintain data quality). Before we allow web users to access their Personal Data, for example, we verify their identity by requesting that they submit information such as their username (or equivalent) and password. We also take reasonable steps to ensure that third-party Service Providers to whom we transfer Personal Data provide sufficient protection of such data.
Your Personal Data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the country of your residence. It may also be processed by personnel of our affiliates and third-party Service Providers who may operate outside the country of your residence. In such case, we will take reasonable steps to require such third-party Service Providers in possession of your Personal Data to take commercially reasonable security measures to protect the data. By using the Service, you acknowledge that any Personal Data about you regardless of whether provided by you or obtained from a third-party, is being provided to us and stored outside the country of your residence and you authorize us to transfer, store, host and process your data to and in other possibly countries.
However, unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Data, you acknowledge that: (a) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through our Service cannot be guaranteed; and (b) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third-party.
7. LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES OR SERVICES
8. ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA
Studio XID makes good faith efforts to enable you to review, update or correct your Personal Data in our possession. In order to do so, please log into your account and access the Profile page.
- What Personal Data pertaining to you is being processed.
- Why this Personal Data is processed.
- Who has access to your Personal Data.
- How this Personal Data is being used in automated decisions.
- What processes are using this Personal Data.
If you contact us, we will need sufficient information from you to establish your identity and to verify your access request, and also to assist us in handling your request. Please note that even if Personal Data is changed or deleted according to your request, Studio XID may still retain some of your Personal Data to resolve disputes, enforce Studio XID user agreement(s), and comply with technical and legal requirements and constraints related to the security, integrity and operation of our Service.
9. DEACTIVATED OR TERMINATED ACCOUNTS
You have the right to delete your account. You can do this by logging into your account accessing the Profile page. A request to delete and/or terminate your account will not result in the removal of Personal Data collected and already put in aggregate form or information that cannot, in our sole discretion, be removed without undue burden to us. We are not able nor are we obligated to remove any of your information from a third-party Service Provider. Moreover, please be aware that even after you delete your account or your account is terminated, your information may not be deleted in its entirety from our servers and servers of the third-party with whom such information have been shared.
10. OPTING OUT
If at any time you wish to opt out of receiving marketing communications from Studio XID (via e-mail) about new products, services, or promotions, you can do so by adjusting the settings on the Profile page or contacting us at [email protected].
11. INTERNATIONAL PRIVACY PRACTICES
By using and accessing our Service, you agree and consent to the transfer, storage and processing of your information on servers located in the United States and other countries which may be outside of your country of residence.
If you have any questions or wish to file a complaint, please feel free to email us at [email protected].
13. GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
ProtoPie complies with the GDPR that went into effect on May 25, 2018. The GDPR gives citizens in the EU more control over their personal data. Regarding the personal data we collect, we are committed to the right to protect you as well as be transparent about why and how we store your personal data.
Based on this data privacy regulation, we have made the following changes:
- An updated sign up page.
- The option to unsubscribe from all marketing communications at once in your account settings, under email notifications.
- The option to delete your account in your account settings, under profile.